Since writing the last post yesterday I have made progress on three of the new works illustrated there and knocked off a minor painting using up spare oils.
As anticipated, the ‘Green Barn’ has, after fairly vigorous sand-papering, lost its bushes on the skyline and its track bottom left;; I also accidentally took its roof off but I think the loss has probably improved its proportions. The ‘wheat field’ is a cadmium lemon yellow out of a tube and will be toned down a bit by the yellow ochre to be used for its final two coatings. That will be some time ahead for there is much oil paint to dry first.
The untitled abstract may look unchanged but I have added seven small areas of light grey after noticing that I had accidentally omitted it. There are now 14 different colours in the painting.
‘Sunrise’ was dry enough to sandpaper so it has been greyed all over except for the central white disc which has been fortified.
I hate wasting oil paint so I used it up doodling ‘Olive’ on A4 sized paper:
I don’t think it is art and sensitive aesthetes should look away now; but I watched with scientific interest as half a dozen or so wasps on a garden table gobbled up the inside of a green caterpillar after removing its head. They left an empty ‘skin’ but one wasp thought it wasn’t void, as it tried frantically to gain entry through the very dead caterpillar’s anus. I’m not sure a caterpillar has an anus but anyway the assault was at the opposite end to where the head by now wasn’t. The picture is of an early stage of this gastronomic orgy: